Message from John Daly, CEO
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak in Ireland Atlantic Language has followed all Public Health guidelines aimed at protecting the health and safety of its students, staff and partners. To this end, in compliance with the directive of the Irish Government we have closed our school until 20 April and all teaching has been moved online.
We remain committed to providing an excellent language learning experience for all our students. Since an initial launch for available students on 18 March, we have been running Online Classes in which all our current students can continue their courses with Atlantic teachers.
If you or your customers are due to start a course in the weeks between now and 20 April, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options available to you. Alternatively, one of our staff will get in touch with you directly.
We wish all our students, current and prospective, and all our partners the best of health.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you to Ireland once this challenge has passed.
John Daly, CEO Atlantic Language
- Atlantic Language will be providing lessons online using Zoom videoconferencing software
- We are upholding our certification and accreditation of courses, so students are joining classes at the same level as their original classes and with the same material and content.
We are using the various tools and resources available online to continue delivering classes based on a communicative methodology – to ensure our classes remain interactive, dynamic and focused on student skill development
- Students can access their virtual classroom for up to 15 hours per week
Timetable: 9.00 – 12.30 Mon – Fri
- As of next week, we will be providing students with digital coursebook resources, and piloting an integrated Moodle-based platform to allow for ongoing project work, written work and additional tuition, with a view to a full e-learning experience being made available to all students as soon as possible.
- Additional out-of-class support will also be provided to allow for guided student work with the real-time availability of teachers to help and provide feedback.
Students who are using the Online Platform will be able to contact members of the Atlantic Support team via our WhatsApp Number – + 353 87 3598689 or email@example.com during normal opening hours: 9 – 5 pm.
Rest assured that those students who are staying in residence will be able to continue living there as per usual. As for those students staying with host families, the Atlantic Language Accommodation team is in constant communication with our hosts to ensure that the necessary support is given. The Student Support Team will continue to work as normal to provide the usual level of support.
You will be able to contact our Accommodation Team via: +353 87 412 7456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Advice
The situation is a concern, but it is important not to over-react or panic. At Atlantic Language Galway and Dublin we are closely following recommendations and guidelines from the government, the World Health Organisation and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control which are accessible here:
- HSE Coronavirus Information Page
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
If you are preparing to start a course with us, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com if:
- You are from a high-risk area
- You visited a high-risk area in the past 14 days
We will change your course to a new date with no extra cost.
We are publishing regular information updates on the situation. Atlantic Language Galway and Dublin is following best practice recommendations to minimise the spread of Coronavirus. This includes HSE Guidelines which are regularly updated, and refer to WHO directives.
The Government, in conjunction with the public health authorities, will keep the situation under ongoing review. Any change to a specific will be communicated widely.
Contact us for support during this time by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org