The Academic Writing and Presentation Skills course is designed to assist senior professionals and academics in Higher Education institutions who are required to publish and present material through English. The course deals with language for academic writing, focusing on vocabulary, grammar, register and style. Participants will have a chance to work asynchronously on assignments and receive one to one tutor feedback on a piece of academic writing of their choosing. The course also considers language required for presentations, talks and lectures, as well as strategies for effective delivery. Participants will work on a piece to be presented at the end of the week.
Who is it for?
For academics, lecturers, teachers, researchers, doctoral students – any professional working in Higher Education who is required to publish or present their work through English.
• To improve communicative and written competence in Academic English
• To gain writing practice in relation to academic articles, with a view to increasing vocabulary and improving structure, register and style
• To give participants’ feedback on samples of their own academic writing.
• To study techniques for more effective presentations, considering appropriate language use and delivery skills
• To develop participants’ general language skills and increase oral fluency
Minimum Level of English
B1 on the CEFR (Intermediate)
Location of Course
Host Family and Apartment/Residence