The main principal of CLIL is dual-focused education, this means that the emphasis is not only on the content but the language as well. The challenge for subject teachers is how to integrate language teaching and learning into their own practice, while maintaining standards in the subject itself.
Who is it for?
This course is for practicing high school teachers who teach (or who want to teach) their subject in another language.
• Provide an overview of the principles of CLIL teaching and your role in it as a language teacher
• Address the difficulties in implementing CLIL in your given teaching context
• Analyze a teaching methodology which will allow you to integrate subject learning into your language classroom
• Provide guidance on how to select subject material and tasks to work on in your lessons
• Focus on actual activities and practices you can implement in your classroom
Minimum Level of English
B1 on the CEFR (Intermediate)
Location of Course
Host Family and Apartment/Residence