Academic Year is for non-European students taking part in the study and work visa programme which allows non-EU internationals to improve their English skills in Ireland while working part-time or travelling. Over 25 weeks students increase their fluency and accuracy in English with a regular programme of focused English language lessons. Students can also prepare for an internationally recognised examination such as IELTS and Cambridge.
- The Study and Work Visa can be attained for the period of 8 months (35 weeks) and students can renew this visa twice.
- The total duration of the immigration permission for a new student attending language courses is 2 years or 3 x 8 months.
- The Standard Academic Year Programme includes 25 course weeks so students are entitled to an additional 8 weeks of holidays that can be used during or after the language course.
- While studying students are entitled to work for up to 20 hours per week. During a holiday period, they can work for up to 40 hours per week. Full-time work can only take place during designated holiday periods – June to August, and December.
- Students must have an 85% attendance rate at their language course to retain their visa.
Still have questions about the course?
If you would like to get more information about this course or ask about any of our other language courses, please get in touch with us today. We’ll help you to find the perfect course to match your personal and professional goals.