CLIL for Secondary Teachers
This course introduces Secondary Teachers to the principles of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), as an effective way to teach new languages to secondary school students.
CLIL for Secondary Teachers is designed to help secondary students who face the challenge of teaching their subject in a language that is not their students’ mother tongue. It will show how to use CLIL methodology effectively in any secondary school subject area. There is a focus on practical activities, which show how to blend content-driven lessons with language learning in the secondary school classroom.
- An overview of the principles of CLIL teaching and your role in it as a teacher
- What are the challenges to implementing CLIL in your given teaching context
- Analysis of a teaching methodology which will allow you to integrate subject and language learning
- Guidance on how to select subject material and tasks to work on in your lessons
- Focus on actual activities and practices you can implement in your classroom
Still have questions about the course?
If you would like to get more information about this course or ask about any of our other language courses, please get in touch with us today. We’ll help you to find the perfect course to match your personal and professional goals.